You can go to a big franchise gym, pay the application fee, administrative fee, sign the almost impossible to get out of contract, pay your monthly fee and come and go pretty much unnoticed. Ever wonder why so many people have big franchise gym memberships that they don’t use?
Here are five differences to consider:
- Machines. At most large franchise gyms, you walk into a world of machines and you are expected to know how to use all of them correctly.
- At CrossFit RDU, you are the machine. A CrossFit RDU coach will teach you and correct your form, every work out to ensure you getting the most from your workout safely and effectively.
- A Plan. Most gyms expect you to walk in, sort thru the maze of intimidating machines, put your own training plan together, and get to it. Who has time for that? And let’s face it, if you have memorized your workout, so have your muscles. This is where the big franchise tries to “help” you by setting you up with a personal trainer…for an additional $75 an hour…
- At CrossFit RDU, we design the workout of the day (WOD) for you every day. The WOD is a constantly varied, high intensity workout which is universally scalable (Scaled personally for you at no additional fee!). Life is challenging, there is never enough time and we get that. Whether you are carrying 65lbs of supplies up a hill or a 65lb sleeping child up the stairs, you’re using the same muscles and failure is not an option. We will train you to be ready for any challenge.
- Friendly Competition. Most other gyms, including home gyms, expect you to continue to motivate and challenge yourself. But did you ever notice that when someone runs next to you, you tend to run faster and not want to stop. It’s human nature.
- At CrossFit RDU, our program is designed to capitalize on that human nature. Every workout is done in small groups, coached by a CrossFit RDU trainer. This creates a constant, positive, challenging environment. No one is here to judge you. We check our egos at the door. This is NOT AN ELITIST GYM. We are a down-to-earth gym that conducts elite strength & conditioning training for everyone. We give each client the same attention in order to develop and challenge them appropriately.
- Support and Motivation. When is the last time you saw a group of people at a large franchise gym cheering someone on?
- At CrossFIT RDU, that’s every day, every workout. CrossFitters know how hard the workouts are and want everyone to succeed at every level. Did you ever see two soldiers, meet for the first time yet seem to know each other? Shared challenges build a positive shared pride in accomplishment (teamship). As a CrossFitter at CrossFit RDU, you are part of that team. Everyone here knows each other. We write your name on the board when you come in. We encourage personal accountability. We thrive on your successes. You will always have a cheering section and you will not go unnoticed.
- Room to move. With over 3000 square feet of CrossFit space, you don’t have to worry about hitting someone with a jump rope. There is lots of space to move.
- 12 Olympic platforms
- 30 yard sprint track for year-round: running, pulling and pushing sleds, walking lunges, flipping tires
- 24’ pull-up rig
- 3 climbing ropes
- 15’ ceiling height
- Men’s and ladies changing areas with showers
Ready to try it out? Click here to get started!